This lost & found policy applies only to ICT computer labs
Note: Any water bottles/liquid containers left in the labs will be thrown out after 5:00 pm the same day.
- Any lost items found by a lab associate at the following Computer Lab locations will be transferred to the locations noted below (Signs are posted at each location with this information):
- Knox Computer Lab – Items will be taken to Hardman & Jacobs Computer Lab Room 101.
- Computer Center Computer Lab – Items will be taken to Room 201 in the Computer Center Building.
- Knox Canteen – Items will be turned into café personnel.
- Health Social Services Canteen – Items will be turned into café personnel.
- VDM Computer Lab – Items will be taken to Pete’s computer lab, Corbett Room 214.
- Breland computer cluster – Items will be turned into the nearest office.
- Frenger Canteen – Items will be taken to Pete’s computer lab, Corbett Room 214.
- Any items found in Corbett (including Pete’s computer lab) will be turned into the information desk at Corbett. Please call 575-646-4411 for further information.
- If you lost an item, you may leave your name, a description of the item, and location of where it was last seen with a lab associate. If that item is found, we will contact you.
- If claiming a Lost and Found Item, please bring a student ID or Driver’s license. The Lab Associate or Lab Coordinator will ask for a description of the item. Once the description is verified, the following information will be logged: Name of the person claiming the item and Date and Time the item was claimed.
- All items unclaimed after 30 days will be transferred to the NMSU police department, unless noted otherwise below. All attempts will be made to contact the person identified if contact information is available.
- Clothing items and water bottles will be donated to charity after 30 days.
- Electronic items that are NOT cellphones, notepads, tablets, or a laptop, will be turned into NMSU police at the end of the semester. All other items will be kept in a locked drawer in Room 102 at Hardman & Jacobs Undergraduate Learning Center and can be claimed during business hours M-F for the duration of the semester. Any items not claimed at the end of the semester will be turned over to the NMSU police department. After 90 days after the receipt of the items, NMSU police department will destroy them.
- State issued ID cards, driver’s license, credit cards, wallet, money, keys, etc., will be kept in a locked drawer in Room 102 at Hardman & Jacobs Undergraduate Learning Center and can be claimed during business hours M-F. All attempts will be made to contact the owner of these items. After 30 days, items will be taken to NMSU police department.
- Student NMSU IDs or debit/ID combinations will be immediately turned into ID Card Services located at the NMSU Bookstore building, 575-646-4835.
- USBS/Memory devices will be kept until the end of the semester – at the end of the semester these items will be turned over to the NMSU police department. After 90 days, all unclaimed USBs and memory devices will be destroyed.
- USBs/Memory devices: An attempt to find the owner of lost USB items will be made. All data is kept confidential.
- Lost items can be claimed from the NMSU Police Department within 90 days upon the receipt of the items. Take a valid ID to claim lost items.
* NMSU Police Department will destroy all items after 90 days.