The myNMSU portal is a secure site that provides NMSU students, faculty and administrative staff with Intranet services. It can be accessed by anyone who has an enabled NMSU username and password. From the myNMSU portal you can check your email, maintain your calendar, view your pay stubs and get the latest campus updates. These services are designed to keep you informed about NMSU events and announcements, as well as provide you with tools to manage your personal information.
The NMSU homepage (http://nmsu.edu) can be accessed by anyone with Internet service. This site is geared toward prospective students and visitors and provides them with an overview of the university, the community and relevant news.
From the myNMSU portal, you can:
- Check your email
- Access WebCT
- Maintain your calendar
- Check NMSU announcements
- Register for classes
- Check the status of your financial aid
- Maintain your personal information
To access any of the services listed above, you need an enabled student account.
- Open a browser session.
- Go to https://accounts.nmsu.edu/accounts/activation/.
- Enter your Social Security number and date of birth.
- Click Submit.
- Click the Accept button.
- Enter your NMSU username.
- Click Continue.
- Enter the information for the Secret Question.
- Enter the secret answer and confirm your answer by retyping it in the next field.
- Click Continue.
- Enter your six digit PIN number and confirm it by retyping the same number in the next field.
- Click Submit.
- Click Activate myNMSU Account button to complete the process.
If you forget your NMSU username, password or PIN, you can reset them by accessing the NMSU Accounts' page at http://accounts.nmsu.edu.
Reset Your Password
To reset your NMSU password, use the "Forgot Password?" link at http://my.nmsu.edu/. It is located in the Secure Access Login area of the page. Once you select the link, you will be redirected to the "Secret Questions and Answers Login" page. Enter your username in the provided field and click Submit. You will be redirected to the "Answer Your Secret Questions" page. Enter the appropriate information and click Submit Answers. Click Login, once you have been redirected to the "Secret Question Answered Correctly" page."
Enter and confirm your new password in the provided fields and click Save Changes. Keep in mind, your new password must be between six and 20 characters and that it should contain at least one letter or one number.
Forgot Your Login ID (Username)
If you forget your NMSU Login ID (username), you can retrieve it by accessing https://accounts.nmsu.edu. Once you have accessed the page, select "Forgot your NMSU Username?" from the Account Maintenance options located on the left-hand side of the page. Once you have been redirected to the "Forgot your NMSU Username?" page, enter and submit the asked for data, you will be redirected to the "Display NMSU Username" page. Your NMSU username will be revealed.
Forgot Your Pin
If you forget your NMSU PIN, you can reset it by accessing https://accounts.nmsu.edu. Once you have accessed the page, select "Reset your PIN" from the Account Maintenance options located on the left-hand side of the page. Once you have been redirected to the "Reset Your PIN" page, enter and submit the asked for data. You will be redirected to the "PIN Selection" page. Enter and confirm your new six-digit PIN in the provided fields and click Submit.
The myNMSU portal is a secure site that provides NMSU students, faculty and administrative staff with services to manage their affairs. Email is among the services available from the myNMSU portal. To access your email, login to myNMSU and select "Email" from the options listed on the upper right-hand side of the page.
In addition to the standard email features, myNMSU email contains a Calendar and an Address Book.
Managing Your Personal Information
To restrict your contact information as it appears in the NMSU Phonebook, access the phonebook from the NMSU homepage at http://nmsu.edu. From the list of Quick Links options at the bottom of the page, click Phonebook Preferences. Once you have logged in, you can choose to either show or hide your contact information.
To change and/or update your personal information:
- Open a myNMSU Internet browser, http://my.nmsu.edu.
- Enter your NMSU username and password and click Login.
- Click the Student and Financial Aid tab.
- Expand the Banner Self-Service folder and click the Personal Information folder.
- You may open any of options (Addresses and Phones, Email Addresses, Update Emergency Contacts, etc.) and change and/or update your personal information.
- Example: If your address and/or phone numbers have changed, open that option by clicking on it. Click Current.
- Enter your changed and/or updated address and phone number information and click Submit.
- To change other personal information, return to the Personal Information tab (located at the top of the page) and click the option you wish to edit.
- Change and/or update the appropriate information and click Submit.
There are a number of groups, including academic, athletic, cultural and service organizations, that you may want to join. Membership in any of these groups allows you to interact and communicate with other members of your selected group.
To access Groups:
- Login to myNMSU.
- Click Groups (located on the upper right-hand side of the myNMSU homepage).
- To view a list of groups, Click Groups Index.
- To view the groups within a specific group category, click the folder for that category. For example, clicking on the "Academic" folder reveals more than 50 academic groups.
- Once you have identified a group that you want to join, click on the group's name. You will be redirected to that group's "Join Group" page. If you wish to join the group, click Join Group.
- To request the formation of a new group, click Request Group.
- Complete and submit the "Request New Group" form. The form will be forwarded to the administrator who will either approve or deny the request.
Student and Financial Aid Tab
Clicking the Student and Financial Aid tab, located on the upper left-hand side of the myNMSU homepage, opens Quick Links and provides you tools to:
- Look Up Classes
- Student Records
- Student Account
- Financial Aid
- Degree Audit
- Schedule of Classes
Clicking any of these Quick Links reveals the content within and allows you to conduct the business and/or check the status of the information pertaining to the Quick Link.
- Open myNMSU browser.
- Click Student and Financial Aid tab.
- Select and Click option from Quick Links list.
- If applicable, select Term and click Submit.
- Click on appropriate action to reveal contents.